Ah, here we are in 2017.
If you are anything like me, you find yourself welcoming the new year FULL of hope, excitement, dreams and aspirations of all the things which can be realised over the coming 9-12 months.
But then life can get in the way.
The dreams fade and all those good intentions become nothing more than a fantasy that seems SO FAR from the day to day reality you are living. And 6 months later you wonder what happened to all those dreams, probably because you lost track with what they were.
At-least that’s how I used to do it.
These days with each week, month and year I continue to get better at doing a few important things to help me realise my intentions, translating them into results, and enjoy the real life fun and experiences that I wanted to have all along!
The process that I follow is not complicated, but dont be fooled by its simplicity – it really works.
Three steps to realising your intentions and dreams
- Make the time get clarity on WHAT you want to experience in your life through setting daily /weekly intentions. Once you know what your intentions are, it is much easier to take aligned action towards living them!
- Create habits around re-connecting to your intentions DAILY. This can mean first thing upon waking / or before sleep at night, the key is to re-read and connect with your intentions as you feel them in your mind and body (this may take only 5 minutes).
- Have a way to know when you are on-track or not. This usually means “checking in” with your intentions and then having someone to keep you accountable for moving towards them.
That’s it! Simple right 🙂
The first two steps above are easily done and you can do these yourself with my free 2017 intention setting guide.
The third step however requires help.
I know first hand how important having external support can be, which is why I aim to have my own coach to cheer me on – she helps me stay on track so I don’t get lost wandering in the bushes chasing butterflies and unicorns (yes it has been known to happen).
For you though, step three could be finding a friend who exercises with you 2-3 times a week. It could be having a group of mums / women online who you connect with and stay accountable to them. Or it could be through getting a coach like me to help you.
It can help to think of your mind like a car – meaning that if we don’t service it, oil and grease it, tune it and give it a chance to stay in top form, THINGS CAN GET rusty, fatigued, worn out and we can begin to fall into all kinds of bad habits.
Incidentally our relationships are exactly the same, but like our minds we so often take them for granted we can forget to take time to tune and invest in ourselves or our relationships, because we get to busy being BUSY.
Coaching provides a great way to tune your mind to stay on-track, and so you can say NO things you don’t want or need more with more confidence, ease and clarity.
Through simplifying what I do for women, I now offer you coaching packages for women which run over three months. BUT, I only have a limited number of spots left for new and existing clients, which means if you want to help to get your mind tuned, now is the time to take the first step.
Common issues or challenges we might overcome together through women’s happiness coaching include:
- releasing blocks to fertility
- creating a calmer more positive pregnancy
- discovering who you are beyond your role as a mum / wife / professional
- moving past anxiety and panic towards self-confidence and daily calm
- improving body image, habits or bringing more self-care into daily life
- improving your intimate relationship with your partner
If having some emotional support and accountability interests you, then please get in touch NOW (just hit reply) so we can make a time to chat and discuss what you might need. You can also explore my coaching packages here.
If you have decided that this is YOUR YEAR for really making a change, here is your perfect opportunity to start!
About the author
Bree Taylor Molyneaux is a Brisbane based womens coach + therapist specialising in fertility, pregnancy + birth, motherhood + beyond. She is also a HypnoBirthing® practitioner + personal renewal facilitator passionate about teaching women self-care.