Spring allergy season is here
With Spring here in Australia it’s a great time to cover some basics on using essential oils because change of season can bring out lots of *sneezes* and *sniffles*.
But as a health conscious mum I sure like to know that we can often replace pharmacy bought products (often laden with fillers and not so nice ingredients) and instead use natures solution – plant medicine and essential oils.
Earlier this week when the dust from spring cleaning REALLY irritated my hubby’s eyes, nose and throat this is what I reached for… nature’s antihistamine trio; Lemon, lavender and peppermint.
And because we choose doTERRAs high quality, pure and potent oils we can also use this trio three different ways to calm seasonal irritations; diffused, topically and internally. There are many benefits of these three oils (get yourself a free guide on many uses for them here) but for the purpose of today’s topic, this is how we use them for seasonal support:
Change of season support
- Add 2-3 drops of each of these oils in your ultrasonic diffuser and top-up with water
- You can also add in a few drops of Easy Air or Listea for a respiratory boost
- The easiest way to get oils on the skin safely is diluted in a roller. Just add 3 drops of each oil (Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint) plus your Fractionated carrier oil and apply to neck, behind ears and wrist pulse points.
- The best thing is, you can re-apply as often as needed (even hourly) or diffuse these oils and take some internally for a triple whammie
NOTE **I only use doTERRA oils as many brands are not pure enough to safely ingest.
- Add 3 drops of each oil to a veggie capsule and take with water for fast relief
- You can also get these capsules ‘pre-made’ by doTERRA, known as TriEase
- Or add some to your water or under the tongue – just 1 a drop of each oil is enough when taken this way.
Have you tried this powerful trio of oils?
We use them all the time and this roller forms part of my homemade essential oils first aid kit, which means I literally don’t leave home without it (honestly, ask my husband!!).
Don’t have oils yet?
Contact me if you don’t have oils in your life yet because we all deserve to be sneeze free in Spring! You can read more about our starter kits here or read more of my blogs about essential oils here.
About the author
Bree Taylor Molyneaux is a Brisbane based women’s self-care coach specialising in support for fertility, pregnancy + birth, motherhood + beyond. She is trained a HypnoBirthing® practitioner, hypnotherapist and personal renewal facilitator with a passion for helping women bring more self-care into daily life.
Bree runs weekend retreats, offers a range of self-care classes + essential oil workshops and is available for private coaching. She also has a range of and hypnosis downloads available on iTunes. You can read more about Bree here.